- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Pharmaceuticals
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Healthy India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Name and Logo Design Contest for Public Wi-Fi Network Services
1. The importance of public Wi-Fi networks, as complementary to existing landline and cellular mobile infrastructure, in adoption and improving broadband penetration has been ...
1. The importance of public Wi-Fi networks, as complementary to existing landline and cellular mobile infrastructure, in adoption and improving broadband penetration has been recognized the world over. After a thorough consultation process which delved on issues like technical interoperability and seamless connectivity of Wi-Fi networks; innovative payment, commercialization and monetization models; and collaborative partnerships between various entities of the ecosystem, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) came out with its Recommendations to the Government on “Proliferation of Broadband through Public Wi-Fi Networks” on 9th March, 2017.
2. The vision of this initiative is to enable access to Internet services at affordable prices to One and All, across the country. It will work on an Open Architecture based Wi-Fi Access Network Interface (WANI). It is a uniquely designed Indian model to provide reliable Internet service that is also interoperable, easily discoverable, and will extend benefits of existing schemes of the Government like BharatNet, BHIM, Jan Dhan Yojna, etc. A report titled “TRAI Public Open Wi-Fi Pilot” which describes in detail the benefits of this model, tested during pilot implementation, is available on TRAI website. After the successful pilot outcome, it is planned to be rolled-out across the nation with the objective of Connecting One & All.
3. The contestants are required to study the abovesaid report to understand the requirement of this contest. However, for a quick understanding, it may be noted that the locations/establishments where the WiFi access point will be installed is tentatively called “Public Data Office (PDO)” The contestants are required to suggest a better alternative name to entity and also design a logo for the WiFi hotspot of WANI compliant networks.
4. “Name" and "Logo” suggestion contest for Wi-Fi hotspots of WANI compliant networks is an initiative of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India to make the citizens participate in this developmental process. TRAI can select the “Name" and "Logo” suggestion of the same participant or of the different participants. The selected Name and Logo suggestion may be used by TRAI and the Government on its official stationery, website, social media etc. Through this contest, the participants are encouraged to suggest "Name" and "Logo" suggestion (having minimum resolution of 300 dpi) for Wi-Fi hotspots of WANI compliant networks on MyGov Platform. The images of “Name" and "Logo” suggestion can be captured using any digital device, including smart phones, and should be submitted in jpg or jpeg file format. The participant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of the submitted Name and Logo suggestion. After submission, the copyright of the Name and Logo designs will be with TRAI. Please read the terms and conditions of the contest carefully.
Prizes to be given:
A cash award of Rs. 50,000/- each will be given for selected winner of “Name” as well as “Logo”. Further, five consolation prizes of Rs 10,000/ each for Name as well as Logo design will also be given.
Last date of submission of entries is 02 July, 2018 by 11:00 P.M.
Click here to read the Terms and Conditions.
For any contest-related queries, please write to:
Mr. S. K. Singhal
Advisor (Broadband & Policy Analysis), TRAI