- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Chandigarh UT
- Clean Ganga
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Pharmaceuticals
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Healthy India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Suggestions are Invited On "Design" of The Museum on Prime Ministers of India
Government of India proposes to set up a modern museum dedicated to the ‘PRIME MINISTERS OF INDIA”, covering all Prime Ministers .They have been predominant faces of the Indian ...
Government of India proposes to set up a modern museum dedicated to the ‘PRIME MINISTERS OF INDIA”, covering all Prime Ministers .They have been predominant faces of the Indian Government. As head of the Council of Ministers, more importantly of its inner core, the Cabinet, the PM is mandated to lead governance and policy making. They have mostly made a great impact on the Indian polity over last seventy years of India’s independence. The institution of the Prime Minister has also come to represent the democratic legitimacy of the Indian State.
Since the institution of the Prime Minister is critical to Indian democracy, it deserves to be better explained. In fact, India’s democratic experience, unique as it is, has not been presented in the way it should be. On one hand the Indian Parliament has curated a museum highlighting its legislative experience and on the other, the Supreme Court has also established a museum depicting India’s legal heritage and the growth of our justice delivery system. It is high time that the story of India’s Executive, represented by the Prime Minister, is told.
It is unfortunate that the lives and works of many of our Prime Ministers has not been well documented. In fact many have received very little attention. While contributions of individual Prime Ministers have been different and obviously cannot be compared, it should actually be left to individuals to assess it ; relevant facts, all at one place, will facilitate that process . This is what the proposed museum seeks to do. Through research and sensitive curation, this endeavour shall bring alive the personalities of our Prime Ministers.
Befitting the status of the project, we, in the Government of India, invite creative architectural designs for constructing the building to house the Museum. We also invite suggestions on designs for its interiors. We envision a state of the art structure reflective of India’s current progressive temperament, also its long and rich tradition. The museum shall be curated in India’s capital, consequently, the edifice should equally compliment the historical cityscape of Delhi. But of course this need not be a limiting factor .A futuristic approach to the building design adopting sustainable and energy conservation practices for a Museum of national importance are also desirable prerequisites. A technology oriented building which is user friendly and capable of meeting future needs, will best serve our purpose. Between 15,000 – 20,000 sq.mts of floor space is our requirement.
We are glad to invite suggestions and ideas for the architectural and other design components of the proposed museum.
The best suggestion/idea would be given a cash prize of Rupees Ten Thousands only.
The last date of submission is 29th April, 2018.
Click here to read the Terms and Conditions