- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Healthy India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Share your views on Promotion of Carpet Weaving
Carpet weaving forms an important and integral component of Indian Textile Industry. Indian Carpet export crossed US $ 1 billion during 2013-14 and will touch Rs. 8,000 crore ...
Carpet weaving forms an important and integral component of Indian Textile Industry. Indian Carpet export crossed US $ 1 billion during 2013-14 and will touch Rs. 8,000 crore including domestic sale during 2014-15.
Ministry of Textiles is committed to promotion of carpet industry under the ‘Make in India’ initiative of Hon’ble Prime Minister giving specific stress on “Zero defect and Zero effect’”, “Skill, Scale, and Speed” for boosting up production, employment and export of carpet on a large sale and achieving the ultimate objective of making the growth participative and inclusive “Sabka Saath-Sabka Vikas”.
As a part of this endeavour, efforts are being made for identifying persons interested in carpet weaving particularly women in the areas adjoining the traditional carpet weaving belts of Uttar Pradesh and Kashmir as well as in new areas. Training will be organised for group of artisans in the village for duration of 4 months and on completion of the training, the artisan will be provided looms, accessories and other support for taking up carpet weaving in their own houses on a commercial scale. Common Facilities Centre with godown for storing raw material, office with internet facilities, rest room and training shed will be set up at a cost of about Rs. 50 lakhs for a group of artisans. Further required assistance for development of new design and organising training will be provided to them. The entrepreneurs, dealing with carpet marketing and export, will be linked up with these Groups. The Carpet Export Promotion Council would implement this with the help of the National Centre for Design and Product Development (NCDPD). Further due attention is being given to social compliance like checking any incidence of child labour and environmental compliance like checking pollution of any kind for creating “Win-Win” situation and making the growth sustainable.
The entrepreneurs participating in the Carpet Expo-2015 are requested to adopt one group of artisans and extend necessary marketing support for producing carpet with quality as per market demand. This will increase their export and make the development socially inclusive.
The entrepreneurs are invited to send their choice and views.
The last date for submission of entries is 30th April, 2015.