- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Chandigarh UT
- Clean Ganga
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Pharmaceuticals
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Healthy India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
TRAI Invites Suggestions on Consultation Paper on Promoting Local Telecom Equipment Manufacturing
TRAI had floated a consultation paper titled “Encouraging Telecom Manufacturing in India” on 28 December, 2010 and the recommendations on “Telecom Equipment Manufacturing ...
TRAI had floated a consultation paper titled “Encouraging Telecom Manufacturing in India” on 28 December, 2010 and the recommendations on “Telecom Equipment Manufacturing Policy” were published 12 April, 2011.In the past five years, there has been an exponential growth in the technology in the telecom sector. A need has therefore been felt to revisit the issue of “Promoting Local Manufacturing in Telecom Sector”. In light of the above, the Authority has suo-motu decided to issue a consultation paper on “Promoting Local Telecom Equipment Manufacturing”. The present consultation paper has therefore been aimed to realistically assess India’s true potential in equipment manufacturing with the aim to arrive at recommendations that would enable Indian telecom industry to transition from an import-dependent industry to a global hub for manufacturing.
The consultation paper has been issued with the following objectives:-
(a) To identify the policy measures required to boost Innovation and productivity of local Telecom manufacturing in India.
(b) Examine the existing patent laws in context of promoting local manufacturers.
(c) Examine the issues of Standardization, Certification and Testing of Telecom Equipments and suggest a framework for improvement to support local telecom equipment manufacturing.
(d) Examine issues related to IPR affecting the local telecom equipment manufacturing industry.
(e) Examine the current fiscal incentives to promote the local telecom manufacturing and recommend measures for implementation in the future.
(f) Identify measures to be taken to attract foreign investment for setting up establishments in India.
Full text of the consultation can be viewed here.
Last date for submission of suggestions is 27th November, 2017.