- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Posts
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Indian Space Research Organisation - ISRO
- Job Creation
- LiFE-21 Day Challenge
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Compose a theme song on IMD
Being established in 1875, India Meteorological Department (IMD) is completing 150 years of service to the nation in 15th January 2025. IMD is among the earliest government ...
Being established in 1875, India Meteorological Department (IMD) is completing 150 years of service to the nation in 15th January 2025. IMD is among the earliest government department created specifically for systematic observation, regular reporting and scientific forecasting of weather phenomenon in Indian subcontinent. In a way evolution of Meteorology as a stream of modern physical science, owes a lot to the contribution made by scientists and technologists who were associated with IMD during its glorious one hundred and fifty years of journey.
To commemorate our remarkable 150-year journey of India Meteorological Department (IMD) of Ministry of Earth Sciences, IMD in collaboration with MyGov is proud to announce the Theme Song Contest. We invite musicians, songwriters, and composers from across India to create a Theme song that echoes the legacy, dedication, and services of IMD. This competition offers a unique opportunity to weave together the threads of weather & climate services with music.
The vision of IMD:
1. No weather hazard should go undetected and unpredicted.
2. Meteorological observation and forecast for optimum operation of weather sensitive activities and hence to enable enhancement in economy.
3. Weather and climate services for management of natural resources like agriculture, forestry and water resources.
The missions of IMD are as follow:
1. To take meteorological observations and to provide current and forecast meteorological information for optimum operation of weather-sensitive activities like agriculture, irrigation, shipping, aviation, offshore oil explorations, etc.
2. To warn against severe weather phenomena like tropical cyclones, norwesters, dust-storms, heavy rains and snow, cold and heat waves, etc., which cause destruction of life and property.
3. To provide meteorological statistics required for agriculture, water resource management, industries, oil exploration and other nation-building activities.
4. To conduct and promote research in meteorology and allied disciplines.
1) Participants should submit a high-quality audio file in mp3 format only.
2) The audio's duration should be between 45 and 50 seconds
3) The song should raise awareness about various aspects of Weather & Climate Sciences, and it should be suitable for use on all government organisation. platforms, including radio, TV, conferences, seminars, and fairs. Participant also need to share the lyrics of the song.
4) The winner shall be required to provide the original open-source file of the composed audio.
5) The audio should feature clear vocals with background music that is distinctive and meaningful.
6) The theme song should embody creativity, originality, and simplicity.
7) The theme song should not include any copyrighted content.
8) Entries should be submitted in uncompressed formats and not in compressed or self-extracting formats.
9) The theme song should not contain any advertisements.
10) The theme song should be in Hindi or English only.
Best Entry will be Rewarded as:
1) The first winner shall get Rs. 15,000/-
2) The second winner (if any) shall get Rs. 10,000/-
3) The third winner (if any) shall get Rs. 5,000/-
Click here for Terms and Condition.(PDF 74.12 KB)