- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Posts
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Dance to the rhythm of your heart-IKS Traditional Dance Competition
Bharat has been the land of rich and diverse dance traditions from classical to folk forms of expression. Each of the dance styles reflects the culture of its community and its ...
Bharat has been the land of rich and diverse dance traditions from classical to folk forms of expression. Each of the dance styles reflects the culture of its community and its region through stories, music and colorful costumes. Many of these dances also serve to inculcate a sense of innate rhythm and discipline in its practitioners and act as a medium for transmitting values and their cultural heritage to their successive generations.
The Traditional Dance competition, being organized by the IKS Division of the Ministry of Education at AICTE, is your opportunity to enchant your viewers around the world your movements, expressions and rhythms.
NOTE- This competition is strictly for school children from Classes 6 to 12.
Follow these simple steps:-
1) Prepare a short video (2-5 mins) of a traditional dance form that you are presenting from your region.
2) Submit the link of the video with a short introduction of yourself with an explanation of what you are performing.
3) Write a brief description (Minimum 200 words- maximum 500 words)explaining it further, so that friends from other parts of the country and the world can experience the beauty of this art form.
1) The length of the video should strictly be between 2-5 minutes, including the beginning and end credits.
2) The video can be in either colour or monochrome in time-lapse/normal mode.
3) The video has to be shot in HD format within the ratio 16:9 in Horizontal format.
4) The video should begin with an introduction which includes your name, age, class and school. Tell us about the traditional dance form, its history, what is so special about it and who taught it to you. In the credits section at the end include the names of your teacher and production assistants.
5) The accompanying text should explain in greater detail what you have said in the video.
Last Date of Submission is 31st August 2022
Click Here for Terms and Conditions (PDF-117KB)